The Complete Practice Model
By Hans Jørgen Jensen and Oleksander Mycyk
Buy any two Ovation Press books and receive 20% off your order!
FREE SHIPPING anywhere in USA
For a limited time, each purchase of PracticeMind comes with a free bonus article bundle download. These articles will support and guide your journey through PracticeMind.
How this book will help you...
- Improve your practice and performance with proven methods backed by decades of teaching experience and research.
- Build practice skills and habits that will elevate your playing (and teaching) to new heights.
- Harness the power of your practice mind to improve the effectiveness of your daily practice and bring joy to the process of advancing your abilities as a musical artist.
- Using proven methods backed by extensive research and teaching experience PracticeMind provides a complete model for improving and sustaining an effective practice routine.
- Get your copy of PracticeMind
- After completing your order check your email for the articles!
When you buy the book here you will automatically receive these free Bonuses:
12 Things This Book Will Teach You
- How to develop great practice habits
- The secrets behind successful goal setting
- How to become much more patient
- How to become stronger and deal with setbacks
- A simple but smart method for mental practice
- Effective problem solving techniques
- The value of fundamental practice
- The reason that the Deliberate Practice Method is so important
- The importance of score study
- The many ways of listening
- The significance of intuition for musicians
- The urgency and importance of recording yourself
Praise for PracticeMind
"In “PracticeMind”, Hans Jørgen Jensen and Oleksander Mycyk have made a huge contribution to the art of stringed instrument playing. What makes this so innovative and powerful is their in-depth holistic approach. By combining the physical, psychological, and emotional in the study of a stringed instrument, they have addressed the full human being. This holistic approach is crucial for success as an instrumentalist as well as for anything else one wants to accomplish in life. I wholeheartedly endorse “PracticeMind” and congratulate Jensen and Mycyk on their artistic and educational vision!"
- Daniel Heifetz
Concert Violinist, Founder, Heifetz International Music Institute
"Hans Jensen and Oleksander Mycyk have crafted a beautiful, fascinating, and of course, brilliant guide to practice and musical problem solving. No stone has been left unturned. I love this book and will refer to it over and over again."
- David Kim
Concertmaster, The Philadelphia Orchestra
"Hans Jørgen Jensen and Oleksander Mycyk have successfully undertaken an incredible challenge, for both authors and readers— that of managing our “Practice Mind”. For musicians, self-management of this critical element remains highly valuable throughout their student and professional lives. This volume lays out a definite path, breaking down the multi-faceted task of efficient and productive practice. PracticeMind guides us step-by-step to a functional and successful “Practice Mind"."
- Paul Ellison
L. S. Autrey Professor of Double Bass
String Department Co-Chair
“Practice mind is an impressive new book guiding its reader through the science and implementation of how to practice.This method will benefit musicians of all types and will greatly impact the future of playing and teaching.It is superbly written, incredibly organized, and beautifully illustrated.”
- Tom Landschoot
Professor Arizona State University
"Practice Mind – The Complete Practice Model by Hans Jorgen Jensen and Oleksander Mycyk is exactly that: Complete.The book is immensely thorough and comprehensive, dissecting every imaginable concept of practicing and taking it from its fundamental stage to the highest level of thought and application. The book is filled with quotes from famous thinkers and musicians lending an intellectual, philosophical and inspiring aura to the subject. The reader is encouraged to go beyond their own limits and venture outside their comfort zone to achieve the best results. In this one single book rests a lifetime of achievement."
- Jeff Bradetich
University of North Texas
President, Bradetich Foundation
"PracticeMind is a staggering achievement, one of the most well thought-out and comprehensive books on music pedagogy I have ever seen. Though specific to string music instruction, the practical and philosophical lessons in this book read like a blueprint for success in virtually any field. Highly recommended!"
- James Ehnes
Grammy award winningConcert ViolinistArtistic Director SeattleChamber Music Society
About the Authors
Professor of Cello, Northwestern University
Bienen School of Music
Cellist, Toronto Symphony